THE TECHNOLOGY INVOLVED IN THE ATF 600G-8 IS IMPRESSIVE.
TECHNOLOGY THAT WILL MAKE YOUR CRANE RENTAL BUSINESS EVEN MORE EFFICIENT.
LIFTING IN THE BIG CRANE CATEGORY.
WITHOUT A BOOM SUSPENSION SYSTEM.
Innovative – yet tried-and-true
The benefits of the TADANO triple-boom system
- You can reduce the time and expense conventionally associated with transporting, setting up, and operating boom suspension systems.
- A much smaller tail swing radius than on similar large cranes with suspended booms gives you much more scope for jobs on construction sites with limited space.
- When it comes to lifting capacity, our Triple-Boom System’s high level of flexural and torsional stiffness allows the ATF 600G-8 to easily compete with similar models in its class. And when operating with boom lengths of between 15 and 35 m, at which separate boom suspension systems cannot yet be effectively used, it even leaves many of its rivals far behind.
THE ATF 600G-8 ADAPTS ASYMMETRICALLY TO ANY CONSTRUCTION SITE.
SO IT UTILIZES ITS FULL LIFTING CAPACITY POTENTIAL.
When you’re working with long boom systems and large working radii, you want to avoid extending the radius any farther than necessary because of any deformation of the undercarriage. That is why TADANO opted for the more elaborate radial outrigger base. It makes your crane work safer and more reliably. Another advantage of radial outrigger bases is that the outriggers are easier to assemble and dismantle whenever it is beneficial to reduce the weight of the crane.
Because space is often limited on construction sites, and the crane cannot always be supported in its full breadth, you can utilize Asymmetrical Outrigger Base Control for the ATF 600G-8. This allows you to avoid unnecessary lifting capacity losses. It uses length sensors to automatically determine the length of all four outriggers, and records the position of the superstructure on the basis of the angle of rotation.
These two figures are sent to the crane control system, which then indicates the maximum permissible lifting capacity. But – and this is what is special about it – it does so separately for each individual sector of the four outriggers. It divides the entire 360-degree lifting capacity area into four sectors, each of which can be maximized depending on the outrigger length. This allows you to make the best possible use of your ATF 600G-8’s lifting capacity potential.
The TADANO Soft-Stop safety feature prevents your driver from accidentally swinging a load into overload areas when turning. It’s another useful feature of the ATF 600G-8 that gives you even more additional safety.
EFFICIENCY IS A MATTER OF RELIABILITY.
WE’LL ENSURE YOUR PERFORMANCE.
We have evolved our tried-and-true AML crane control system specially for the ATF 600G-8 in order to fulfill the latest regulations and standards even more effectively, thereby raising the level of safety to a new degree. This involved installing ‘Performance Level d’ (PLd) safety components in both the upper and lower carriage of the ATF 600G-8. These are among the safest components currently available on the market. Data is exchanged between them using a ‘CANopen Safety’ bus, which is currently the world’s highest CAN standard in data communication. What this means is an even more reliable crane controller than the one you already know – a system which monitors itself permanently, and detects and prevents potentially dangerous situations before they occur. It’s further proof of TADANO’s commitment to safety and quality.
Useful new features
When we further developed the AML crane control system, we took the opportunity to give your crane operators some useful new features, such as a slewing gear controller that can be customized, and which takes your current rigging status into account. Your crane operator can, for instance, start up and brake the slewing gear quickly or slowly depending on personal preference and the task in hand. The rotation speed of the superstructure can also be adapted to the length to which the boom is extended and how much counterweight is set up.
We have also improved the crane control system’s user interface. New features include two new color displays for your crane operator in the superstructure cab. The main display can be operated by touch, keys, or a rotary push button. It shows images from two cameras and can be electronically tilted to adjust to changing light conditions. The other display shows another camera view and can even be taken out to make it easier to use.
But that’s not all. Your crane operator can decide which display he wants to use. He can call up new additional information about the crane’s various operating statuses, such as average diesel consumption, oil temperature, and hydraulic oil level.
TYPICAL TADANO: TWO ENGINES ON THE JOB.
YOU SAVE FUEL AND INCREASE EFFICIENCY.
What kind of savings can you expect? The diesel consumption of the smaller superstructure engine is certainly quite a few liters per hour less than the undercarriage engine. Our customers report an average of four to five liters less fuel use per operating hour. If you operate the crane for 1,500 hours each year, that means savings of up to 7,500 liters every year in succession for as long as you keep using your ATF 600G-8. This is what makes two-engine technology such a winning investment.
More benefits of the TADANO two engine concept – an overview:
- Because the undercarriage engine doesn’t have to perform the time-intensive crane operation which it would if it were the only engine, it suffers much less wear and tear as time goes on. This means less frequent servicing and it reduces the total number of services, provided you have the undercarriage and superstructure engines serviced together. It also means the engines will last longer and will have a higher resale value.
- Fault-prone rotary joints through which energy (e.g. hydraulically) has to pass in order to operate the superstructure are no longer required.
- The second engine is always at hand for any emergency operations that might be needed. This means you don’t have to buy or take care of any separate systems.
- Should a battery fail, you always have the second engine available. This can help you to start the other engine quickly and easily without your crane operator needing any extra support.
NOT EVERY ENGINE IS BORN EQUAL.
YOUR ATF 600G-8 IS DRIVEN BY RELIABLE MERCEDES-BENZ TECHNOLOGY.
Euromot 4 / Tier 4f exhaust standard compliant
Powerful engine brake
WANT TO MANAGE YOUR NEW ATF 600G-8 PERFECTLY?
HELLO-NET PROVIDES YOU WITH ALL THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON.
Our HELLO-NET fleet management system gives you firm control of your ATF 600G-8. Using the very latest cellular and satellite communications, your ATF 600G-8 will transmit its current location (GPS position) daily, along with relevant operating statuses, to a designated server. You can then use a web browser on your desktop or laptop to access this data easily, viewing and analyzing information such as utilization and standstill periods, fluid fill levels, and the distance your 8-axle crane has driven.
But that’s not all. You can control all your servicing and maintenance planning (including other TADANO cranes and other manufacturers’ cranes) clearly and efficiently using HELLO-NET.
An automated e-mail feature informs you reliably about any maintenance work that’s due on the crane.